samedi 3 février 2007

These being the words of Marcus Tullius Cicero

Rome. Episode 15.

***SPOILERS***

Here we are, back in Rome!
Things are more and more exciting...

Mark Anthony asks Cicero to give him Gaul instead of Macedonia. The senator says the Senate will refuse but MA threats him well... MA goes to the Senate and thinks the deal is done but for once I gotta say I was well pleased and surprised by Cicero! He leaves Rome and is now on Octavian's side! Jesus, MA was furious.... Well done Cicero! For once you've done something right!

Atia is not in a great shape...she receives the visit of Agrippa who tells her and Octavia that Octavian has raised an army. Atia says "I have no son". That must be terrible for her, to have the man she loves and her own son as enemies...and things will get worse, for sure! And poor Atia is still Servilia's prey...with the help from a slave or I'd say a spy-killer-slave who works for Servilia and who has to kill the dear Atia. Servilia/Atia the fight continues....Will Servilia's devilish plan will come to its final and fatal result? Surpise, surprise...

Brutus, Brutus, Brutus...eh eh...well he is at the bottom...he sinks...in total despair...he purges himself in a lake...spiritual dimension...OK i'm sorry what I'm saying is not very clear but just watch and you'll see.

Vorenus/Pullo.....
The loves of my life!!!
Things are not going well between the 2 of them. Vorenus is still in total despair, he has become brutal and thinks Pullo f***ed his wife...so he has left the Aventine and is now on MA's side. Pullo is desperate too because he is losing his friend.. They are like soul mates. It was touching to know that Pullo cares so much about Vorenus. There's no word to describe their relationship. It's just beautiful and I really really hope they will be reunited soon because I can't imagine them to be enemies! There's a little hope at the end of the episode...when Pullo finds out that Lyde and Vorenus' daughters are still alive.
Come on guys! Do not disappoint me!

So to conclude on this episode, I think almost every character is in deep despair. It is more and more exciting knowing that Octavian has raised an army. He is gonna be back soon, the whole new Octavian, all grown up!
Fuckin Vorenus, why have you joined MA!?

To be continued...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Vorenus!!! Last Friday I watched the very first episodes of the show and I am more and more touched by this character. I am all nostalgic and amused of the beginning of Pullo and Vorenus' friendship.
And funny story that Liz told me yesterday: Kevin McKidd (Vorenus) and James Purefoy (MA) were lovers in a British film called Bedrooms and Hallways in 1999!

1 commentaire:

Liz a dit…

AHHHH GOOOOOOOOOOOOD-
You know you can't do that to me. You can't just put up a pic of Brutus, mylovemydearthesunshineofmylife and... Gaaaaaaah. Scruffy!Brutus is just so attractive...
Hem.

Yup, I love Cicero actually being ballsy and standing up to MA, despite all the threatening and pissing in the face and whatever crude way MA had of intimidating him. I love the actor, too -he was so good!
Atia... Yup, gotta feel sorry for her, even though she's the one responsible for all that. She chose to stand by MA so she has to assume all the consequences. About her relationship with Servilia... Yup, the catfight is still going on... Have you seen this website : http://www.atia-vs-servilia.com/ ? It's quite good, I love how it's done!

Speaking of which, let's discuss the Pullo/Vorenus storyline. First of all, you have to go at the following link, mate, because that's an awesome recap (completed wih pictures and all) of their relationship : http://true-enough.livejournal.com/67427.html
Okay, now, what happens in this episode... It was just so painful to watch, because we all love Vorenus and Pullo so much, and I reckon it's one of the best things about this show. Things are made so difficult for these two, and yet, they've always stuck together. Until now, of course. You said that you can't imagine them being enemies, but I'm afraid that's what they're bound to be. Unless the Rome writers have some pity for us poor desperate viewers...
But yeah, it broke my heart too, wathcing these two shouting at each other and fighting. And Vorenus lying on the ground, and...

Can't wait for Octavian's return (Simon Woods! Simon Woods!). This show just keeps getting better and better! Sorry for the long comment but I can't shut up abour Rome when I'm started.