vendredi 30 mars 2007

I need you so much closer

the atlantic was born today and i'll tell you how:
the clouds above opened up and let it out.

I was standing on the surface of a perforated sphere
when the water filled every hole.
and thousands upon thousands made an ocean,
making islands where no island should go.
oh no.

those people were overjoyed; they took to their boats.
I thought it less like a lake and more like a moat.
the rhythm of my footsteps crossing flood lands to your door have been silenced forever more.
the distance is quite simply much too far for me to row
it seems farther than ever before
oh no.

I need you so much closer (x8)

-instrumental break -

I need you so much closer (x4)
so come on, come on (x4)
 Death Cab For Cutie Lyrics Index

1 commentaire:

Liz a dit…

Woooow, sorry Fish I haven't been commenting here in such a long time...
Sooo, since the last time I commented, you've posted about:
*Ugly Betty! Heh. Loving it, too!
*New Zealand! Bring it on, baby!
*ROME, which is kind of our fandom :p
Well, what can I say... Am looking forward to you posting a looong review of the series finale, because I just can't. I goddamn swear, it's just too soon...
*Prison Break and your dearest T-Bag ^^ No offense to little Teddy, but Michael's much more fanciable to me! Videos were awesome, though!
*DCfC's Transatlanticism. Well, what can I say? They've been one of my favourite bands for ages. But I can't listen to Transatlanticism too much, because I feel as if there was this enormous desperate feeling washing over me everytime I listen to it. This song is just so full of despair, longing and all kinds of painful feelings (not unlike a certain film directed by a certain director called Bryan... yup, Superman Returns is THAT emotional! to me anyways). Oops, couldn't help speaking about Bryan. ANYWAY, my point is, this song is absolutely gorgeous in its painful, desperate kind of way. If that makes any sense...
You should listen to the song which preceeds it, "Tiny Vessels", and the song which suceeds it on the album, "Passenger Seat". The three form an ensemble, I reckon they were made to be listened together. All three are absolutely outfuckingstanding, and they're also really beautiful. Depression is almost guaranteed, too (just thought I should warn you XD)...