vendredi 26 janvier 2007

Son of Hades

***SPOILERS***DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN ROME!!!
Thanks to Liz I saw the second episode of the second season of Rome.
It is still fuckin' brilliant! I really love the evolution of Octavian 's character, he is so clever and does everything he can to maintain his decisions. He has become a man who thinks about serious matters and has a goal that he is ready to accomplish, even against the will of Marc-Anthony and his mother (god I loved the scene when they fight! ). And it's exciting when you know he is going to be the most appreciated and successful Roman emperor!

Concerning Vorenus, with a kick in the ass from Marc-Anthony, he tries to "come back to life" after all he's been through. Still with the help of Pullo, he manages to become the master of the Aventine in order to keep the peace in that place after Erastes Fulmen's death. Vorenus has all this violence inside of him and Pullo seems quite worried about it.

The episode also shows the return of Cleopatra! The Queen of Egypt is in Rome and asks Marc-Anthony to publicly recognize her son as the legitimate son of Caesar. Of course M-A does not quite agree with that!
Funny how Atia is jealous of her^^.

That's it for the most of it. New summary in a week!

1 commentaire:

Liz a dit…

Hehe! I *loved* this episode. Quite brillant, really.
Yeeep, Octavian is still Mr. Smartypants for fooling everyone around him. He's just so good at it! I loved the intense fight scene with Marc Antony. Unexpectedly shocking, I daresay. I can't believe we won't be seeing Max Pirkis anymore, as this seems to be his last episode. Simon Woods replacing him is, in my opinion, an excellent choice -but I'm still worried since Pirkis did such a good job portraying this character.
Cleopatra was prettier than she used to be! And I love all the sexual tension with MA XD
Loved Atia's insult...
Vorenus was creepy, even Pullo could tell he was way out of line. I can see the division coming between those two -Vorenus 'working' for Marc Antony, Pullo being loyal to Octavian. It's such a shame because I loved them so much together...
Anyways, can't wait to see the third episode! With Brutus' return, it should be a good one ^^